|Summary: Welcome to Akihabara, agent.
If this is your first time here, you may find the culture a bit unusual, to say the least. But to those who lead their lives here, it's a paradise. They see it as a safe haven from the outside world, where they can celebrate the music, the games, the shows, and the characters they love.
We're here to keep it that way.
None of them know what's happening here. What's watching them, hunting them, picking off their friends who get lost after dark. Why those friends resurface as hopeless shut-ins, barely able to speak, let alone walk outside ever again.
For Japan and humanity,
Acting Director Ryuji Sejima
Expose the evil lurking in Japan's pop culture mecca in this HD update of the first entry in the AKIBA'S TRIP series.
Supernatural creatures are stalking the pop culture mecca of Akihabara—and you know that because they've turned you into one of them. Their only weakness, and yours, is sunlight, which means there's only one way to stop them: call them out on the streets, knock their clothes off, and expose their skin before they can do it to you.
Arm yourself with a rolled-up poster, a guitar, a laptop, a magical girl wand, or (if you insist) an actual weapon, then hit Akihabara's colorful streets. Browse recreations of real-life shops circa 2011, mingle with Akiba's residents and tourists, and discover the town's many secrets.
Will you work with the secret paranormal-hunting agency, give the creatures a fair shake (hey, some of them seem all right), or just look out for your otaku friends? Choose your side, choose your missions, and enjoy a freewheeling adventure with AKIBA'S TRIP: Hellbound & Debriefed.
AKIBA’S TRIP: Undead & Undressedtells the story of one such unfortunate soul: a young man named Nanashi who was lured into a trap by the promise of rare character goods and transformed into one of the walking undead. He, however, was spared the worst of his fate by the bloody kiss of a mysterious Synthister hunter named Shizuku. Together with the rest of his companions in an organization unofficially dubbed the “Akiba Freedom Fighters,” Nanashi and Shizuku must uncover the truth behind the Synthister plague and save Akiba from being overrun by violent, antisocial energy vampires.
- Faithful Recreation of Japan’s Electronics Mecca - Like a virtual tour of Tokyo’s Akihabara ward, all major outdoor locations from the town have been painfully recreated, with over 130 real-life shops accurately represented
- Unique and Customizable Brawler-Style Combat - Anything can be a weapon, from baseball bats to comics to motherboards, and individual clothing items may be targeted, stripped and added to your own inventory
- Dual Audio with Japanese and English Voices - In addition to nearly 10,000 lines of newly recorded English voices, the original Japanese voices are a selectable option for those wanting a more authentic experience
- Satirical Story with Divergent Paths and Multiple Endings
- Playing off common anime and video game tropes for social satire, the player’s choices determine how the story progresses, leading to one of many unique endings
- Modern Day Setting Enhances Gameplay Options and Adds Pop Culture Feel - The in-game smartphone is used to check email, read comments on “Pitter,” take side quests, catalog ad flyers, launch apps to identify the undead and much, much more